Onderstaande tekst is niet 100% betrouwbaar


1MMEDIATELY aftei the First Fair in March 1917, voices arose insfoting on the building of one or more permanent buildings. However, it was only after it had sufficiently appeared that also the Second Fair had met with success, and security obtained that the Fair had won a lasting place in, and had become a real factor for the development of industry and commerce that the Board of Management took the first step in the matter of permanent buildings, fl The plans made by architect J. de Bie Leuveling Tjeenk and published in December 1918 include the building of the 3 intercommunicating Fair Buüdings on the Vredenburg Square in the centre of the city of Utrecht and in direct proximity to the Central Station. In these 3 buüdings room wiü be provided for about 1800 exhibitors, whilst through the erection of temporary structures on the Vredenburg Square a total of 2200 exhibitors wül be housed, a number that can be considered the maximum even in case of the internationalisation of the Fair. In the latter case, the holding of 2 Fairs a year wiü probably be considered. fl By connecting the buüdings with each other we obtain that all participators belonging to a certain branch of trade are to be fouhd on the same floor. By this arrangement, the object has also been attained of being able to visit all sample rooms by means of circular corridors connecting the different buüdings. fl The 3 buildings wül have a total length of 320 Meters and a depth of 37.5 M., the ground floor wül be 4.50 M. high — the floors above 3.50 M. each, whilst the ridge-line of the buildings wiü be about 22.5 M. above the street. fl The buüdings occupy an area of 13,000 sq. meters; as each buüding consists of 6 floors an area of