OH AP TER, II.
THE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY AT DELFT.
1. Number of Professors; the Budget.
2. Students: Age, Cost of Living. 8. Course in Civil Engineering.
4. Course in Mechanical Engineering.
6. Course in Electro-Technical Engineering.
6. Course in Naval Engineering.
7. Course in Chemistry.
8. Course in Architecture.
9. Course in Mining Engineering. 10. The Buildings.
1. (TECHNISCHE HOOGESCHOOL) NUMBER OF PROFESSORS; THE BUDGET.
In 1913 the professors numbered 53, lecturers 18, and assistants 74. The Government appoints a Rector Magnificus for three years. He is president of the Board of Professors (Senaat), and his functions are very important.
The Government also appoints a supervising Board of five Curators. The Board of Curators takes care of the material interests of the University. The Board of Professors looks after the education.
The college year commences in September, and closes in mid-June. At Christmas and Easter the students enjoy a fortnight's holiday.
Many of the college buildings are imposing new structures, rally equipped with modern requirements. 6